Sunday, June 10, 2012

About

What?!  Another blog?  Robert, are you nuts?

Yeah.  Yeah, I am.
However, I am rapidly filling up journals and I think languages have been an abiding interest of mine for a long time.  My first word was in Korea: 먹어/eat!  I went to preschool in Japan (in Japanese) had German neighbors at my British primary (elementary) school, studied Klingon in middle school and went to high school in Korea.  There I learned lots of Chinese characters, studied Latin and French and took etymology classes at a college.  At university, I studied Ancient Greek, computer languages and took several linguistics classes.  I've taught myself Hebrew (I'm in a formal class now) and studied Na'vi pretty rigorously.  I'm a very language-minded person.

The thing that tipped me over the edge has been the Conlangery Podcast.  They hit upon topics that make me read several dozen Wikipedia pages each.  I supposed I am very old-school and too Whorfian in my approach to language creation.  I am presently interesting in what linguistics can tell us about the human mind and the nature of reality.  I really like having my mind blown.  I hope I can elucidate some topics for random, Google-searching passers-by!

No comments:

Post a Comment